Privacy & Data Protection
Parfums Christian Dior is committed to the protection of your personal data in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
- Who we are.
- What personal data we collect.
- How and when we collect or receive your personal data.
- Purposes for which we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal data.
- Direct marketing.
- How long we can keep your personal data.
- How we hold and protect your personal data.
- Disclosures outside of Australia.
- Accessing and seeking correction of personal data.
- How we protect children’s privacy.
- How to contact us.
- The management of cookies on the Dior.com/en_au and shop.dior.com.au websites.
WHO are we?
Parfums Christian Dior refers collectively to:
- The House of Parfums Christian Dior, being Parfums Christian Dior (headquarters), a limited company governed by French law whose registered office is at 33, Avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris, France, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under the number 552 065 187 and LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics Group Pty Ltd, Level 9, 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia, ABN 63 069 188 272 (including each of its businesses, stores, brands and divisions); and
- any Parfums Christian Dior affiliates or related bodies corporate with whom you share personal data with.
WHAT personal data do we collect about you?
Personal data refers to “personal information” as defined in the Privacy Act, and means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. This may include information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through a unique client ID number).
“Sensitive data” includes any information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body or health, genetic and biometric information.
The personal data we collect depends upon the touchpoint of your interactions, your dealings with us, the particular transaction, as well as our overall relationship with you. Our collection of personal data is limited to that which is relevant and appropriate.
Depending on the personal data you provide or share with us, the personal data we collect includes information relating to:
- your name, contact details, shipping details and preferences;
- your gender, age and date of birth;
- your order or purchases (in store or online (including tracking details of your online order)), your purchase invoices, the amount, product and type of your purchase); and
- your online journeys (for cart abandonment, e.g. if you enter your email at checkout but don’t complete your order, or you are logged in and add a product to your cart, but do not complete your order).
If you consent and notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products (e.g. you provide us with information about allergies or skin conditions), we will collect this sensitive/health data based on your consent and for the purposes for which you disclosed it and as permitted by the Privacy Act.
For customers and other individuals who sign up for our newsletters, we collect the following personal data from you including your name, contact details and contact preferences.
We may also collect the following information from you:
- your purchases from us and any of your shopping preferences (including shopping history, product types);
- your marketing preferences;
- your relationship or membership details;
- information required to deliver, service or fulfil any warranty obligations to you; and
- information that you provide us via our Customer Department, Boutique Consultants, application forms, websites, E-store Site, or whenever you contact or interact with us.
Applicants for employment
For any job applications, we collect employment-related information from applicants such as name, contact information, employment and training history, information included as part of your application and resume. In addition, we may also obtain personal data from you from psychological or aptitude tests and from referees, with your consent.
Suppliers and contractors
The personal data we collect from suppliers, purchasers or contractors who are individuals generally includes name, contact information, payment and banking details. This information is collected when a supplier, purchaser or contractor contacts us, responds to a request for services, or otherwise offers to supply us with goods or services.
HOW and WHEN do we collect or receive your personal data?
Generally, we will collect personal data directly from you. As part of our relationship and dealings with you and for the purposes of providing you with our Services, we collect personal data via the following touchpoints:
- Dior.com/en_au and shop.dior.com.au journey;
- when you visit our stores or counters, and through your in-store relationship with our salesperson (incl. our corners and boutiques in department stores);
- when you engage with us via email, social media, telephone, facsimile or mail;
- when our Boutique Consultant creates a customer order form for you;
- Dior events you attend;
- public relations relationship;
- contact with our Customer Services Department or Boutique Consultant;
- forms you complete (in store or online);
- enter a competition or promotion that we conduct;
- digital apps you use;
- relational program you benefit from;
- Dior social media pages you visit or comment / like;
- social media pages on which you post Dior content or comments;
- digital Media Advertising you click on;
- search Engines Paid Advertising you click on;
- retailers in which you consent to receive our newsletters or communications;
- surveys or satisfaction questionnaires you answer;
- job applications; and
- when you supply to us, purchase on our behalf or contract to provide us with services.
Other personal data requested may be optional and allows us to get to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you.
We may also generate personal data about you from the information we have. For example, by analysing our records of your use of our products or Services, or from your history of dealings and interactions with us.
Where appropriate, we may collect personal data about you from third parties, including from your nominated referees.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES are your personal data collected, held, used or disclosed by Dior?
Generally, we will only use the personal data that we collect about you for purposes connected with our business operations, including to communicate with you and provide you with our various Services. Depending on the context in which your personal data is collected, we hold and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products and Services that you have requested from us;
- to enable you to complete payment for call to buy journey (for phone purchases made through the assistance of our Boutique Consultants)
- to process or manage your orders, inquiries or complaints;
- to personalize your content and communications with Dior (digital or otherwise);
- to verify your identity;
- the management of your account and profile;
- the management of your relational program;
- the processing and management of your requests linked with Dior;
- to contact you (including via phone, mail, email, WhatsApp and SMS);
- to interact with you via social media and digital marketing, whereby Dior may use basic client information to facilitate relevant and targeted advertising promotions;
- the management of events which you register for / attend;
- to process or manage payments (securitization of online transactions, fraud prevention, payment incidents and debt collection);
- to provide you with information relating to our promotions, competitions, or surveys;
- to enable you to join our relational/loyalty programs, clubs, or mailing lists;
- to assess your suitability for a position with us (if you submitted a job application with us);
- enable us to carry out product and service development, quality control, inventory control, fraud and loss prevention activities, administration and research to improve the way in which we provide our products and Services to you;
- to build and manage our commercial relationships (for suppliers, purchasers and contractors);
- other purposes to which you have consented to from time to time; and
- to comply with applicable laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or law enforcement agencies.
In addition, we will use your personal data to interact with you, confirm your identity, communicate with you, communicate competition / promotion results to you, make special offers, invite you to events, and to improve or personalize our stores, E-Store Site, and Services for you.
Dior’s processing of your data can be, depending on the context your personal data is collected, based on the following:
- your consent;
- a legal obligation when processing is required by law (e.g. retention of purchase invoices, ‘cosmetovigilance’ for Parfums Christian Dior products); or
- our legitimate interest, so we can provide you with our Services and improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools, or tailor our communications.
We ensure that only duly authorised persons can access your personal data where necessary for the above-mentioned purposes. We will never sell, trade, lease or rent your data to third parties.
However, please note we may disclose your personal data to third parties (only where necessary and for the purposes described above) as follows:
- other Dior entities and our related companies in Australia to provide you with the same personalised service worldwide;
- our trusted third-party suppliers or contractors who may assist us in providing products and Services to you, including those who oversee the management of cosmetovigilance alerts (for Parfums Christian Dior products), assist us with organising our events, delivery and shipping services, payment systems providers, provide IT and website services and other administrative or financial services, debt collection, credit processing, provide digital communication, marketing services, and public relations services, and assist us with customer service and logistics services;
- to our professional advisors including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers, insurance brokers (where necessary or appropriate);
- other entities of the LVMH Group acting as processors according to our instructions and solely on our behalf;
- department stores in which you buy our products;
- our trusted third-party partners assisting us in the management and delivery of your orders, payment service providers and providers securing transactions against fraud – where these partners act as data controllers, they will have their own privacy policies;
- third party acquirers of any of our assets or businesses in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent;
- as required or authorised by law; or
- as otherwise with your express consent.
Where possible, we will disclose the above information to the third party in a form that does not identify you.
You can also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers, or affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and you should read the terms of these policies carefully.
We can also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login to access some of our Services. Please be aware that in this case, you are sharing your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies and what you choose to upload to social media may be available to be viewed by the public.
Furthermore, on your request or with your consent, data regarding your job application may be shared with other companies of the LVMH Group worldwide for recruitment purposes.
We may send you direct marketing or digital communications with information about our products and services, including our products and that of our partners and affiliates via the preferences and channels you nominate. This may include via email, social media, regular mail, SMS, WhatsApp, online digital marketing and other digital channels.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you may unsubscribe any time by either clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email communication you have received, updating your online profile, or contacting us via the Contact Details below.
FOR HOW LONG will we keep personal data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to reach the purpose pursued, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal or business obligations.
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months. For information about cookies, please refer to the cookie management section below. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
HOW do we hold and protect your personal data?
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate precautions to keep your personal data secure and to protect your data from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification, alteration, destruction or disclosure. Any personal data that is collected via our Dior.com/en_au or Shop.dior.com.au or held on our CRM client database is protected by appropriate technical and organisations measures which may include firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and two factor-authentications. Only properly authorised staff will have access to personal data in order to perform their jobs. All our employees receive training (and refresher training) about the management of personal data relevant to their respective roles and responsibilities. We store your personal data in our client database. Data is stored securely by Parfums Christian Dior, Central Head Office in Paris, France.
We also require our partners, affiliates, group companies and other third parties to uphold a similar level of protection for your personal data. These measures are evaluated and updated to address new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate.
In creating your account on Dior.com/en_au or shop.dior.com.au or in the context of your job applications, entering a personal password to comply with our security requirements is compulsory and part of our Terms and Conditions.
DISCLOSURES outside of Australia
Because Dior operates in many countries across the world, some of your personal data may be accessible or stored outside of Australia or your country of residence, including France, the USA, New Zealand, Hong Kong, other countries in Asia, Europe You should know that the privacy, data protection, and security requirements differ from place to place and may not offer the same level of protection as those in your home country. Nevertheless, Dior and our affiliates have taken steps to ensure an adequate level of protection of your data irrespective of where it is located, including ensuring personal data is held, managed and accessed according to the standards that apply in Australia and by using data transfer methods approved by the European Commission. We also require our third-party partners to fulfil applicable privacy data transfer obligations in relation to the personal data that they receive on our behalf.
ACCESSING and seeking CORRECTION of personal data
We will endeavour to ensure that personal data collected about you is accurate when we collect or use it.
We encourage individuals who have entrusted their personal data to us to keep it current (such as if you change your email address, address or phone number), so that we have your correct information on file. We also encourage consumers to update their preferences with us via the website My Account page or by contacting Customer Services directly to get your information updated, such as in relation to products and the frequency of contacts, and how we can contact you, so that we can personalize our service to your expectations and needs.
Subject to some exceptions under the Privacy Act, you may be entitled to access the personal data we hold about you.
If you wish to obtain access to and / or correct your personal data, please send your request via our Contact Us on Dior.com/en_au or shop.dior.com.au, or email our Data Protection Officer at ParfumsChristianDiorPrivacyANZ@diormail.com. For individuals seeking access to their data, we also require authentication to ensure that we are not providing personal data to an unauthorised person. We may charge a reasonable fee where access is provided and there may be legal or legitimate reasons where we may deny access. If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal data, we will provide you with written reasons as soon as practicable.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your request, you may wish to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) as detailed in the Complaints section below.
HOW does Dior protect children's privacy?
Dior has adopted practices that are designed to ensure that we do not to collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from anyone under the age of 13, we will purge it immediately, except for responding to a question or inquiry on a one-time basis from the individual or his / her parent or legal guardian.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any complaints or concerns regarding our handling or processing of your personal data.
Please allow up to 30 days for us to respond to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to contact the OAIC (at www.oaic.gov.au) to lodge a complaint.
If you have any questions regarding how we handle or process your personal data, please contact us on 1800 318 240. Note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your query.
For Parfums Christian Dior:
- If you are a client, customer or a prospect, you can contact our Customer Service Department at:
P: 1800 318 240
M: Level 9, 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 2000.
- If you are a job applicant, you can contact our Human Resources Team at:
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at ParfumsChristianDiorPrivacyANZ@diormail.com.
INFORMATION ABOUT Cookie Management
It aims to explain where the browsing information processed when you visit our E-Store Site comes from, how it is used, and your rights.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
When you visit our website, we might, depending on the choices you make, store a text or data file on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) through your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. For as long as it is valid and stored on your device, it will enable Dior to identify your device when you visit the website in the future.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify information stored in it.
Below you will find information on the cookies that might be stored on your device when you visit pages on the Dior.com/en_au or shop.dior.com.au websites, either by Dior or by third parties, and how you can delete cookies or refuse to allow them to be stored on your device.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED ON THE WEBSITE?
We use different types of cookies for different purposes. Some of them are issued directly by Dior and its providers, and some are issued by third-party companies.
The cookies issued by Dior and its providers
Various types of cookies might be stored on your device when you browse our website:
- The "essential" cookies are essential for browsing our website, including to ensure that the ordering process runs smoothly. If you delete them, it can cause difficulties when browsing our website and make it impossible to place an order. They might be stored on your device by Dior or by its providers.
- "Analytical and Personalisation" cookies are not essential for browsing our website but make it easier for you to conduct searches, optimising your buying experience.
- "Advertising" cookies are not essential for browsing but provide a more relevant advertising offer.
- If your device is used by several people and if one device uses several web browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and advertisements delivered to your device are determined based on your use of the device and not on that of another user. It is your decision and responsibility whether you share use of your device and configuration of your web browser’s cookie settings with other people.
Cookies issued by third-party companies
Cookies are issued and used by third parties on our website in accordance with these third parties’ privacy protection policies. These cookies are not essential for browsing our website.
We might include cookies on our website applications produced by third parties, which enable you to share our site content with other people, or to tell other people what content you have been browsing, as well as your opinions of it. This is true of the “Share” and “Like” buttons for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
MANAGING THE COOKIES STORED ON YOUR DEVICE
You can decide whether cookies are stored on your device through the cookie setting tools.
You can also configure your web browser as you wish, so that cookies are accepted and stored on your device, or conversely blocked.
The configuration process is different for each web browser. It is usually described in the browser’s help menu. We urge you to find out how to configure your browser. This will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note any changes you make to your web browser’s cookie acceptance or blocking settings may change your web browsing experience and the process of accessing services that require the use of these cookies. For example, if you block essential cookies, you may no longer be able to place orders on our website.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF SEEING SPECIAL OFFERS AND ADVERTISING TAILORED TO YOUR BROWSING PREFERENCES?
The aim is to show you the most relevant offers and advertising. As such, cookie technology enables us to display content, in real-time, that is best suited to your fields of interest, as deduced from your browsing history on our website.
The interest you show in content displayed on your terminal when you consult a website often determines the advertising resources of this site, enabling it to provide its services, which are often supplied free of charge to users. You would doubtlessly prefer to see offers and advertising that are relevant to you, rather than content that is of no interest to you at all. Similarly, both Dior and advertisers want their offers and advertising to be shown to Internet users who are likely to show interest in them.
Last updated: 21 April 2022